Monday, July 6, 2009

Amazingly inspiring Phonecalls in the AIESEC Office

I have been working in the AIESEC office at SMU ever since my exams ended in late May 09. I would like to take this opportunity to share with all of you the amazing discovery that I made during this short stint.
- I have received a couple of random overseas phonecalls on the fax machine from AIESECers abroad asking if we have any TNs currently available.
My take on this:
"Singapore is a place with lots of opportunity and its definitely a destination which AIESECers from abroad would want to work in. What I mean here is the excellent environment which we have that is so enriching.
So for each call I receive, I have to sorrowfully reject them as we did not have any available forms (at least during that point in time; made me feel so upset). The point is if we are able to manage and increase our incoming sales capacity, we will be so so so so HOT. In fact, I dare say the hottest in the AP. So yeahhh...our OGX is good but do not forget that we have massively untapped opportunity and potential on the ICX side as well.
So for all our people...I would like to tell that we need and we must make sales a priority which we should grow for the long term viability of the organisation. Imagine with more TNs raised...how many lives are you contributing to (in terms of the @XP). Not forgetting that when the trainees do come in, they too can greatly contribute to our community...See the multiplied effect ...We send many people out...but we also need to take people in...
No point giving all the time...we are generous, but we should also be "gracious" to receive.
Takeaway for the day: Give and receive at the same time...."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"pUsH iT ahhh pUsH iT ahhh pUsH iT rEaL gOoD..."

No comments:

Post a Comment